**Breaking News in the Land of Placentas**
Our crunchy ways are finally catching up with the system! Or maybe you’re not crunchy at all, but you want your placenta encapsulated, AND it would be fantastic for your insurance to cover the cost… That’s right, let me repeat that – your insurance company may cover the cost!!
Do you have a Flex Spending Account? If so, you may be able to get reimbursed for the cost of placenta services in FULL! It has happened elsewhere in the country as placenta encapsulation has become more mainstream, so let’s invite that movement here to Southern California.
It’s pretty straightforward – here’s the deal for Placenta Services reimbursement:
1. Find your local Placenta Specialist here to pamper you with postpartum placenta care.
2. Talk to your care provider (OBGYN, CPM, CNM, NP) about the benefits of Placenta Encapsulation and how it can help you during your postpartum. If your care provider is already on-board with the benefits and in support of encapsulation, hooray! If not, you can find lots of info and research to share with them here.
3.Get a prescription from your care provider. It’s really as simple as your care provider writing a recommendation for placenta services.
4. Get an itemized bill from your Placenta Specialist.
5. Get a form from your FSA to submit a claim for out of pocket expenses. You will submit payment upfront to your Placenta Specialist, and then file for reimbursement through your insurance company.
6. Submit your care provider’s prescription, itemized bill and FSA claim form to your FSA admin.
7. Get reimbursed!! In FULL!
How awesome would it be if we could get every placenta encapsulation covered by insurance?? Placenta goodness for ALLL the Mamas! If you have any questions about placenta encapsulation or getting reimbursed, feel welcome to drop us a line! We’re happy to help and honored to support you during your postpartum. Love, Courtney